Dr G recommends these Soundbites from Trader Joe’s recipe selection. These are great easy to make recipes that are great for high nutrition and maximum energy to help support your fitness regime.
Try these recipes out and discover the healthy options that Trader Joe’s has to offer.
Portobello Mushroom Stack
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
4 TJ’s Portobello Mushrooms (2 packages), stemmed
6 Tbsp TJ’s Olive Oil, divided
TJ’s Salt & TJ’s Pepper, to taste
1 package (about 15-20 spears) TJ’s Asparagus, bottoms trimmed 1 package TJ’s Polenta, crumbled
1/4 cup Water
1/2 TJ’s Red Onion, sliced thin 1/2 cup TJ’s Ricotta
4 Tbsp TJ’s Pesto
4 Tbsp TJ’s Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Arrange mushrooms stem side down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush 1 tablespoon of olive oil all over each mushroom then season with salt and pepper.
- On a separate foil-lined baking sheet, arrange asparagus. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil then season with salt and pepper. Toss veggies to coat evenly. Set aside.
- Place mushrooms on the center rack of the oven and roast for 25 minutes.
- After 15 minutes of roasting, flip the mushrooms. Place the tray of asparagus on the bottom rack and roast with the mushrooms for the last 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add crumbled polenta and 1/4 cup of water. Break up polenta with a spoon and stir until the mixture is smooth. Heat until bubbly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in medium pan on medium heat. Saute sliced red onions until caramelized, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove mushrooms and asparagus from oven, and slice asparagus spears into thirds.
- Assemble your stacks. In order, evenly divide the following ingredients among 4 small plates, a bed of polenta, ricotta, sliced asparagus, portobello mushroom, pesto, caramelized onions and top with sun-dried tomatoes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Salad Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
4 TJ’s Sweet Potatoes
1 Tbsp TJ’s Olive Oil
2 cups TJ’s Arugula
4 TJ’s Beets in Vinaigrette, julienned
1 cup TJ’s Crumbled Gorgonzola
1/2 cup TJ’s Roasted and Salted Pecans, chopped TJ’s Balsamic Glaze, for garnish
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash sweet potatoes and pat dry. Rub olive oil over the skins then place sweet potatoes directly on center rack.
Bake for 45 minutes or until a fork easily pierces the skin. Remove from oven and slice down the center, halfway through, making sure not cut all the way through to the bottom.
In a medium bowl, combine arugula, sliced beets, gorgonzola and salted pecans. Toss the salad gently with tongs then divide evenly among each sweet potato. Garnish with balsamic glaze. Enjoy!