2 lbs. of organic root vegetables, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces: use potatoes, carrots, parsnips, turnips, rutabagas, beets
1 medium onion, peeled and cut into 1/3 inch wedges
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 head garlic, separated into cloves and peeled
Chopped fresh herb, like rosemary
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the root vegetables and onion in a roasting pan.
- Toss the vegetables with the olive oil and salt to taste.
- Do not crowd the vegetables.
- Roast the mixture for a total of 45-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, scatter the garlic cloves in with the vegetables.
- Continue stirring every 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender and evenly browned.
- Before serving, add a sprinkling of fresh rosemary or balsamic vinegar or both!