This recipe is from SimplyRecipes.com by Elise Bauer
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yield: Serves 4.
- 2 cups of grated carrots (from about 3 carrots)
- 1 cup of grated fresh beets (from about 1 medium sized peeled beet)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (sweet, not hot)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Small pinch of salt
- Small pinch of cayenne
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 Tbsp sliced fresh mint leaves
- Put grated carrots in a medium sized serving bowl. Put the grated beets into a sieve and quickly rinse with cold water. It will rinse off some excess beet juice that could change the color of the whole salad to red. Pat dry with a paper towel. Incorporate the beets with the carrots, add raisins and stir gently to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dry spices, add the lemon juice and honey and whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over the the carrots and beets and fold, gently until the carrots and beets are lightly coated. Let stand for an hour before serving, so the dressing can soak into the carrots and beets, room temperature or chilled.
- Just before serving, stir in a few tablespoons of chopped fresh mint leaves and garnish.
Recipe from Moroccan Grated Carrot and Beet Salad on Simply Recipes.