Drink this immunity booster when your schedule goes into overdrive to prevent you from getting run down or sick. It’s like chicken soup on steroids.
- 1 quart miso, chicken or mushroom broth
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon to 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1 to 5 cloves garlic, chopped or crushed
- ½ cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
To make the soup
- In a large pot over medium, combine the broth, onion, ginger, garlic and mushrooms.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add lemon juice, carrot and parsley, and cover the pan for 5 minutes to steam.
- Eat one to four times a day.
For more tips and recipes, see the Health Food Rocks guidelines in chapter 7 of the Rockstar Remedy.