This Cilantro and Parsley Tabooli is great for Detoxing “Heavy Metals”
And is also Gluten Free!
- 1 cup organic quinoa, rinsed well
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon fresh organic lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large organic English hothouse cucumber or 2 Persian cucumbers, cut into 1/4″ pieces
- 1 pint organic cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup chopped flat-leaf organic parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- ½ cup chopped organic cilantro
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Bring quinoa, 1/2-teaspoon salt, and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread out quinoa on a large rimmed baking sheet; let cool.
- Transfer to a large bowl; mix in 1/4 cup dressing.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, herbs, and scallions to bowl with quinoa; toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle remaining dressing over.