Argan oil is beautiful golden oil with a slightly reddish tinge, which comes from the Argan Tree of Morocco. For centuries, the Berber people of Morocco have used the oil for its numerous culinary, cosmetic and medicinal benefits.
It is truly the Moroccan Elixir!
In Morocco, argan oil is used as culinary oil in traditional recipes and for its acclaimed medicinal benefits. In recent years, argan oil has drawn international attention for its cosmetic benefits. The processing of the argan oil is done into either culinary or cosmetic varieties.
Argan Oil Composition and Function
Argan Oil contains a high level of essential fatty acids, including linoleic acid. Fatty acids are beneficial for nourishment and protection of the skin and hair. They protect and repair the skin and hair. Argan is also very high in Vitamin E, one of the most powerful biological anti-oxidants in neutralizing free radical production. Vitamin E is also very potent at stabilizing the cell membranes from a process called lipid peroxidation. Therefore, it is excellent at slowing the aging process of the skin.
Cosmetic Benefits of Argan Oil
- Moisturizes the skin
- Slows the appearance of wrinkles
- Improves skin elasticity
- Regenerates and rejuvenates aging skin
- Restores the life and shine to hair
- Promotes scalp health to restore hair growth and vitality
- Prevents split ends
- Relieves skin damaged by sun and smoking
- Prevents stretch marks
- Moistens dry itchy scalp
- Aids dry brittle nails
Benefits of Argan Culinary Oil
- Provides essential fatty acids
- Provides Vitamin E
- Enhances food taste and flavor
- Promotes blood sugar balance
- Promotes healthy cholesterol
- Enhances skin beauty and youthfulness
- Soothes joints