We all love chocolate for its delicious flavor and taste. But did you know that it is has many health benefits too? Most of the health benefits are attributed to dark chocolate. Next time you enjoy some organic dark chocolate you can say no to the guilt!
- Chocolate is high in antioxidants called polyphenols. These are the antioxidants that are in green tea and red wine. They are protective against heart disease and may also lower cholesterol.
- Chocolate is high in magnesium. This helps aids relaxation and well-being.
- Chocolate is a rich source of theobromine, a close relative of caffeine. Theobromine may add to the mood elevating affects of chocolate.
- Chocolate is high in phenylalanine which is the neurotransmitter that produces endorphins. Endorphins are our natural painkillers and promote a sense of well-being.
- The fat in chocolate comes from cocoa butter and is rich in oleic acid and stearic acid similar to olive oil. These may benefit healthy cholesterol levels.
- Chocolate is high in a chemical called anandanine. This chemical my give the feeling of elation and bliss associated with chocolate.
- Chocolate can raise the levels of serotonin, which helps with feeling of anxiety and depression.
Find yourself some organic fair trade chocolate and enjoy the benefits of food as medicine. We are please to introduce to you the Wei of Chocolate. Wonderful organic dark chocolate infused with essential oils and flower essences. Each flavor has special benefits. The chocolates are meant to melt in your mouth while your meditate and savor the flavor. What a delicious way to incorporate mindfulness into your life.